The highlights of our Winter Warmers are:
Friday evening - The heating is on, the fire is lit and there's a meal in the oven waiting for you. The beds are made (and any cots or extra beds are in place too). Memories of the motorway will soon fade, I promise.
Saturday - Various breakfast goods are available for you to help yourselves to a fry up or cereal and toast. For days out, walks, lunch venues and family activities we can recommend some options to suit your party. While you are out we can nip in a straighten the kitchen and lay another fire for the evening. If you want another meal prepared for Saturday night just let us know, or alternatively we can recommend restaurants and pubs meals in the area or help you source local ingredients to cook yourselves a delicious dinner.
Sunday - Make this more than just a packing up day and stay as long as you like. Indulge in breakfast then get some fresh air maybe. There are pubs to hike to, tea rooms to cycle to and a hotel to swim at . . . or newspapers to read, whatever takes your fancy.
For further information on Winter Warmer Weekends please give us a call on 01538 703436 and give us an idea of your requirements.
In the mean time, her are some activities and outings nearby that might appeal:
- -Alton Towers Splash Landings
- -Alton Towers Spa
- -Alton Towers crazy golf
- -Aerial Xtremes - nearby in Trentham and Buxton
- -Hikes and walks - we have maps, books and several recommendations
- -Cycling - Churnet Valley from Oakamoor; Manifold Valley into the Peak District; Buxton to Ashbourne Tissington trail.
- -Pub Walks - from the doorstep
- -Lights nights and Christmas shopping evenings in local market towns.
- -Great undisturbed painting locations
- -Kayaking or sailing on Carsington Water or Rudyard Lake
- -Letting the kids clamber around on the fallen tree and taking a flask of coffee and some sweets onto the ridge then coming back and putting your feet up by the open fire with a book and cuppa (until your favourite programme comes on telly).