self-catering holiday cottage, holiday rental near Alton Towers and Peak District

Self-catering near Alton Towers and Peak District - Call Barks Holiday Cottage 01538 703163 email barkshc@gmail.com

Walking . . . pottering . . . pondering

As a holiday cottage owner I have to mention the holiday cottage at every opportunity because in truth most of our enquiries and bookings are made via this blog.  And on top of that every article needs to mention Alton Towers a million times too.  Not because my readers are in any way missing the point about this being a holiday cottage just a jot away from the nation's favourite theme park . . . yes you guessed it . . . aka Alton Towers!.  (Gosh that was a lot of mentions in one sentence, maybe now I'm free . . . )  It's all driven by that search engine thing and in truth I am grateful to the world's favourite search engine for bringing us so many interesting cottage guests.

If this morning I am sounding a little weary of these subjects (I'll pass this opportunity to repeat my keywords)  it is because in the last couple of days I have read some lovely blogs.  Blogs with no agenda, no constraints, just words emerging from the mood of the writer.  Envy has overtaken me.  So I thought what the heck, we are almost solidly booked this month and have a gap or two in July and August so I am going to just write, for the sake of it.  And see how it has ended up so far - almost perfect keyword density!

I'll try and photograph the barn owl and blog about him/her another time. Baby birds are fledging all around and our family of bluetits have done well.  Two fledgelings have hit our windows.  The nuthatch learned from its ordeal but sadly the woodpecker expired from either a broken neck or shock. I left it on the wall and something else came along and has left me some fluff and the odd feather.  I feel sentimental and will keep the feather for a while. The forage harvesters are busy across the Peak District and the lush swishing June fields will be a shocked light green bareness for a while. The last few weeks have been wonderful for walking, pottering and pondering - my favourite activities.

The picture is the view from the holiday cottage so you can see that this is a good destination for walking, pottering and pondering (as well as Alton  Towers!).